Part Time Monday-Thursday 3-7pm
The Business Office Associate is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to our patients.
- Greet patients with a smile and a scripted acknowledgement.
- Verify patient information (address, phone numbers, insurance, etc.) in Electronic Medical Records.
- Register all new patients by obtaining personal and insurance information.
- Input into Electronic Medical Records.
- Assist patients by phone or in person with billing questions.
- Answer calls as directed by switchboard.
Financial Account Auditing
- Calculate charges.
- Inform patient of day’s total.
- Obtain payment from patient.
- Provide receipts.
- Verify credit card payments and input charges into computer.
- Work closely with Financial Counselors for patients who are unable to make payments.
- Review accounts with patients regarding old balances.
End of Day
- Balance daily transactions.
- Account for all charge tickets used daily for each doctor where applicable.
- Add all charges and balance with computer totals; add up all receipts and balance with monies received for the day, and with computer.
- Write up deposit for monies collected.
- Print out day’s transactions and update in computer.
- Perform credit/debit adjustments on accounts, writing up transactions, keying them into computer, balancing, printing and updating all transactions.
- Complete following reports: Charge pending review, Ambulatory missing charges, PDA, Appointment Reconciliation, Medconnect, Report 14 (authorization for Tricare and Medicaid).
Other duties as assigned
- Formal training which will probably be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance and managed care plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and payment procedures, rules and regulations of contractual and non-contractual insurance carriers.
- Ability and understanding of how to use ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT coding books and or applications.
- Knowledge of basic math concepts with ability to operate standard office machines and computer and balance debits and credits.
- Previous experience working with the public with ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with pleasant attitude, and present a neat appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced healthcare environment.
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!