Patient Access Services
Part Time in our Sanford Location
Competitive salary, 401k and bonus potential!
Monday afternoons, Tuesdays all day, Friday mornings
The Business Office Associate is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to our patients.
- Greet patients with a smile and a scripted acknowledgement.
- Verify patient information (address, phone numbers, insurance, etc.) in Electronic Medical Records.
- Register all new patients by obtaining personal and insurance information
- Input into Electronic Medical Records.
- Assist patients by phone or in person with billing questions
- Answer calls as directed by switchboard.
Financial Account Auditing:
- Calculate charges
- Inform patient of day’s total
- Obtain payment from patient
- Provide receipts
- Verify credit card payments and input charges into computer.
- Work closely with Financial Counselors for patients who are unable to make payments.
- Review accounts with patients regarding old balances.
End of Day:
- Balance daily transactions
- Account for all charge tickets used daily for each doctor where applicable
- Add all charges and balance with computer totals; add up all receipts and balance with monies received for the day, and with computer;
- Write up deposit for monies collected
- Print out day’s transactions and update in computer.
- Perform credit/debit adjustments on accounts, writing up transactions, keying them into computer, balancing, printing and updating all transactions.
- Complete following reports: Charge pending review, Ambulatory missing charges, PDA, Appointment Reconciliation, Medconnect, Report 14 (authorization for Tricare and Medicaid).
Other duties as assigned
- Formal training which will probably be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance and managed care plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and payment procedures, rules and regulations of contractual and non-contractual insurance carriers.
- Ability and understanding of how to use ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT coding books and or applications.
- Knowledge of basic math concepts with ability to operate standard office machines and computer and balance debits and credits.
- Previous experience working with the public with ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with pleasant attitude, and present a neat appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced healthcare environment.
$11.50 per hour
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!