Courtyard Vanderbilt/West End
We’re searching for a food prep cook who will work with our head cook/chef to prep a variety of foods, and stock food stations with ingredients and condiments. You’ll be responsible for keeping all food stations and equipment neat, clean, and sanitized. You must read recipe directions in English and operate kitchen equipment, including sharp knives and measuring tools. Expect some lifting, bending, and standing on your feet during your shift, as well as the ability to take on other duties as needed. If you want to gain more cooking experience, this job may be for you! Some experience is preferred, but we will train the right person. Fill out an application today, and let’s meet!
- Prepare recipes using the proper measurements needed for condiments and wash dice, and slice fruits and vegetables, and meats, for the variety of meals we prepare for customers
- Keep all prep and workstation areas organized and equipment hygienic and sanitized at closing
- Handle simple cooking tasks such as brewing coffee or tea, preparing soups and reducing sauces, and assisting others in the kitchen when necessary
- Follow instructions for recipes. Read meal charts and labels in English and use the measuring tools correctly
- Observe all company-required food safety guidelines and protocols in the areas where food is prepared and kitchen equipment is utilized
- Available to work weekends and holidays, pitching in extra hours whenever needed
- Prefer someone with some kitchen prep experience and associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent, but it is not required
- You should possess the basic knowledge of food preparation and perform these duties with minimal supervision from the head cook or chef
- Read and comprehend recipes, labels, and meal charts written in English
- Basic familiarity with operating kitchen equipment
$15 - $17 hourly
About Courtyard Vanderbilt/West End
Feel welcome at Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End. Our modern Nashville hotel near Vanderbilt University has everything you need to make your stay a success. During your stay, enjoy easy access to attractions like Music Row, Bridgestone Arena, and Downtown Nashville.