Part Time (20 hours per week) with 401k matching and bonus potential.
Patient parking lot transport shuttles patients and guests between the clinic and the parking lot via the PSC-owned golf cart. The driver must greet all guests when they enter the golf cart. The driver also assists disabled guests or those with limited mobility as necessary. The driver is responsible for ensuring that maintenance is regularly performed according to the set schedule or sooner if the golf cart is in need of repairs. In addition, the driver must report all potential repair needs, accidents, injuries, unsafe working conditions and damage to clinic vehicles and related property. The employee is responsible for cleaning, charging, and appropriately covering and storing the golf cart between shifts.
- Maintain professional knowledge and/or certifications.
- Attends training and required meetings.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing golf cart/vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Completes a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle daily, reporting any conditions of concern to their manager, Director, or other delegated staff person, before transporting passengers.
- Check the condition of a golf cart/vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- When driving around the parking lot, seek to assist and transport patients who appear to have limited mobility or are physically disabled prior to transporting able-bodied passengers during high-volume times.
- Maintain order among passengers. All passengers must remain seated while the golf cart/vehicle is in motion.
Ensure the following safety rules are followed:
- Drive slowly throughout the parking lot regardless of whether or not the passengers are in the golf cart to ensure the safety of all persons and vehicles on PSC property.
- No horseplay allowed while operating the golf cart.
- Do not allow unauthorized person to drive the golf cart.
- Do not transport patients or guests in any vehicle other than the authorized PSC golf cart.
- Do not go over the max number of passengers/weight per load when transporting patients and guests.
- Do not transport small children or others that may not be able to remain seated and safely ride in the golf cart without adult supervision.
- In the event of an accident, assure that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report.
- Report emergency situations through use of hand held radio or 911.
- Report injuries and unsafe parking lot conditions.
- High school diploma is desirable.
- A valid NC driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Basic reading and writing skills are required, including occasional report writing.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly manner are essential, and good personal hygiene is a must.
- The ability to see details close up and at a distance.
- Public Safety and Security: Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Depth perception: The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
Compensation varies depending on experience
- Excellent personal skills and etiquette
- Punctual and reliable
- Calm, pleasant and helpful
- Maintains confidentiality
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Able to work independently
- Takes initiative
- Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours/day
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist
- Ability to relate sensitively to patients needs
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!