The Lynn Law Firm, LLC
Are you a seasoned paralegal who embraces new technology and has a passion for helping people?
The Lynn Law Firm, LLC is a growing boutique estate planning and elder law firm. We’re hiring an experienced paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, coordinating law office activity and workflow, and conducting legal research.
Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with a positive attitude and great attention to detail.
This can be a part-time or full-time position for the right candidate.
- Manage case files for estate and trust administration matters, including workflow and deadline management
- Preparation and filing of Probate documents and ancillary estate administration documents
- Assist clients with completion of trust and estate funding documents such as beneficiary forms, account titling documentation, LLC assignments, and the like
- Preparation of trust and estate accountings
- Preparation of Estate Tax Returns (Form 706) and possibly Trust and Estate Income Tax Returns (Form 1041)
- Preliminary drafting of estate planning documents (Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Deeds)
- Pro-active communication with clients and professional advisors
- Various ancillary and administrative duties as may be requested
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in estate planning or elder law legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting (equivalent trust or financial institution experience may be considered). Note 4+ years of direct experience with estate planning and estate/trust administration is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, including working with formatting nuances and styles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with practice management software
- Polished and professional demeanor, especially in verbal and written communication
- Tech-savvy with the ability to quickly learn new software
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Must work well with systems, procedures, and checklists
- Experience with preparation of Federal Estate Tax Returns (Form 706) and Income Tax Returns (Form 1041) strongly preferred
- Experience with document drafting software such as HotDocs, WealthDocx, or similar program strongly preferred
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education or bachelor's degree will receive preference
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
About The Lynn Law Firm, LLC
The Lynn Law Firm, LLC was founded in 2005 by attorney Jennifer Lynn after spending many years in a large law firm setting.
At The Lynn Law Firm, LLC, we work hard every day to help clients plan and protect their life savings and secure their legacies. In addition, we are passionate about helping survivors navigate the legal system after the loss of a loved one with compassion and efficiency.
We strive to provide clients with the highest quality work they would expect from a large firm, but delivered with the compassion and intimacy of a small firm.
We embrace new technology and strive to create efficient processes that minimize the risk of error and enhance the client experience.
We believe in a strong and dedicated work ethic, but feel that this is most effective with a proper work-life balance.