The Law Office of Whitney L. Thompson, PLLC
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced estate planning, probate and guardianship paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, draft pleadings, interview clients, and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Prepare legal documentation for probate and guardianship matters
- Prepare estate planning documents (Wills, Trusts, POAs, etc)
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- At least 5 years of experience in probate, guardianship and estate planning under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong understanding of the law and necessary procedures and documentation in probate, guardianship and estate planning
$20 - $30 hourly
About The Law Office of Whitney L. Thompson, PLLC
We are a growing law firm in Houston, Texas that handles family, probate, estate planning, medicaid planning and guardianship matters.