Raven3 Home Buyers
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Take care of administrative tasks such as answering phones and maintaining an organized filing system for all legal documents
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
The job responsibilities of a real estate paralegal may include:
- Preparing contracts, including lease or rental agreements and closing documents
- Facilitating communication between the lawyers for buyer and seller
- Negotiating contracts
- Reviewing title reports
- Monitoring financial transactions and foreclosures
- Preparing legal descriptions of the land
- Preparing documents for eviction proceedings
Specializing in real estate requires that the paralegal have knowledge about lease negotiation, financing options, lending requirements and documents, land use, and bankruptcy. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important in this specialty. Real estate paralegals must also be highly organized and able to track a case from initial contact through closing.
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Talented communicator and writer
- Real Estate paralegal experience
About Raven3 Home Buyers
Raven3 Home Buyers is a local Real Estate investment company that deals with residential and commercial investments in Westchester County, Putnam County, Orange County, Rockland County, and Dutchess County.