The Gaines Firm
Do you love digging into research and helping people? We’re hiring a paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, filing motions, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
$40,000 - $50,000 based on experience
About The Gaines Firm
The Gaines Firm is a Florida-based law firm concentrating our services in the areas of real estate, personal injury, property damage, and business litigation, including cases involving: business contracts, commercial disputes, construction contracts and liens, property damage claims, real estate title and sale issues, and business formation and personal injury claims.