Beckett Law, LLC
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
$50,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Beckett Law, LLC
Beckett Law, LLC is the parent company to 2 subsidiary law firms, handling bankruptcy, estate planning, and probate matters. We are located in West Hartford, CT, and represent people all across Connecticut.
We believe in compassionate, caring, and competent service to our clients. We hold all employees to a high standard, with an emphasis on quality legal work and superior customer service. Our employees work as a team to provide the most efficient services possible.
All applicants must be technologically savvy, quick learners, willing to adapt to new protocols, software, and efficiency standards. All employees are reviewed based on production and accuracy, and those that are able to meet and exceed their goals are rewarded accordingly.