Bliss Law Group
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to support BLG attorneys and provide an exceptional experience for clients. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- Draft pleadings and correspondence per instruction from BLG Attorney(s)
- Research and review of court rules
- E-file and E-service of pleadings per instruction from BLG Attorney(s)
- Submit E-working Copies per instruction from BLG Attorney(s) and in compliance with court rules
- Schedule Hearings - Calendaring Response/Reply Deadlines
- Arrange Process Service
- Order Court Records/Transcripts
- Maintain up-to-date pleading indices for all assigned matters
- Maintain up-to-date file organization (general correspondence, attorney notes, hearings, mediations, and arbitrations)
- Maintain up-to-date client electronic directories with internally consistent naming systems
- Prepare Trial Binders per instruction from BLG Attorney(s)
- Prepare and issue Discovery/Review and respond to Discovery
- Issue Subpoenas, Coordinate Depositions, Schedule Court Reporters
- Prepare and review mediation materials
- Prepare/Strategize settlement proposals with Legal Team
- Prepare Asset and Debt spreadsheets
- Draft, obtain pre-approval, enter QDRO with the Court, and obtain Certified Copy for final processing
- Maintain BLG Attorney(s) calendar(s) for assigned matters
- Schedule appointments between BLG Attorney(s) and clients
- Maintain communication with clients (respond to emails and phone calls (to self or BLG Attorneys, when necessary) within one (1) business day
- Maintain client electronic file with internally consistent file names
- Process all client-provided documents to client file (hard copy or electronic) within one to two (1-2) business days
- Participate in regular team meetings, case status meetings, workshops
- Collaborating with review and revisions to policies and procedures
- Review and edit bi-weekly pre-bills for assigned cases within 24 hours of receipt
- Enter billable time into the case management system in real-time (i.e. End of Business)
- Posting case-related costs to the case management system
- Update case management system and Family Soft and notify BLG Team of any client address, telephone, and email changes
- Maintain communication with Case Manager re: updated case-related issues or milestones, as needed
- Notify Case Manager and Client Services Liaison as to any scheduled mediations
- Breakdown physical file and forward file remnants to Case Manager prior to the effective withdrawal date
- Continued legal education and training
- You take initiative and are self-motivated.
- You are compassionate. You have grace for others.
- You are dedicated and committed to excellence.
- You are resilient and have the strength to show up. You show up for your team and clients with your best foot forward even when things get tough.
- You possess a growth mindset and can turn failure into positive outcomes.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- You are Independent. You establish your own internal deadlines for tasks with or without day-to-day instruction.
- You are direct. You communicate in a direct and efficient manner both internally and externally (i.e. avoids tangential and client-controlled conversations)
- Professionalism – you do not allow a client’s disposition (anxious, upset, distressed, etc.) or case outcomes to impact your ability to continue to produce quality work and meet deadlines.
$25 - $35 hourly
About Bliss Law Group
Bliss Law Group is a family law firm comprised of a team of highly skilled legal professionals dedicated to preserving the dignity of our clients and protecting what they value most. Through clear communication and strategy, we equip our clients with knowledge, empowering them to create their new future. We are a warm and compassionate team. We work hard for our clients and we support one and other.