MK Legal Planning
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- General paralegal duties, including supporting attorney and other members of the team as needed
- Drafting revocable living trusts, wills, powers of attorney, and supporting documents
- Drafting irrevocable trusts and supporting documents
- Drafting and e-filing uncontested probate pleadings
- Maintaining calendar, deadlines, and reminders for the team
- Maintaining files, opening files, closing files, copying, scanning, etc.
- Communicating professionally with clients, attorneys, judges, etc.
- Communicating with clients to gather all relevant information and keep them informed
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Meeting billable requirements
If the statements below appeal to you, then you may be our next paralegal!
- You take pride in your work
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
- You enjoy getting to know your clients and care about delivering the best work product to them
- You can juggle and manage multiple tasks without getting overwhelmed
- You thrive on completing tasks in advance of the deadline
- Organization and systems are your love language
- You are a problem-solver who looks for the best ways of doing things
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Talented communicator and writer
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- College degree and/or paralegal degree from an accredited school
- Knowledge of Missouri Uniform Trust Act and Probate Code
- MUST have comprehensive knowledge of and experience in estate planning
- Experience with Wealth Counsel and Microsoft Word
- Experience with Clio preferred by not required
We love to help people learn and grow. But we don’t have the time for that right now. We need an estate planning paralegal with experience. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding. This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work for 40 hours per week. We are open to hiring a remote candidate or someone in the office at our Rolla office. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
$40,000 - $45,000 per year
About MK Legal Planning
We are a law firm that helps clients avoid court and conflict to create a lasting legacy.