Sowards Law Firm
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will have three to five years of experience in estate planning, trust administration and probate. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- General paralegal duties, including supporting attorney and other members of the team as needed
- Drafting probate forms as well as briefs and pleadings
- Maintaining calendar, deadlines, and reminders for all probate cases
- Maintaining files, opening files, closing files, copying, scanning, etc. according to established procedures
- Communicating professionally with clients, attorneys, judges, and everyone else
- Litigation and mediation preparation (Bates stamping; Trial notebooks; Exhibits; Witness preparation; Client preparation; Attending hearings and assisting as needed)
- Organize financial information, prepare estate inventories
- Prepare probate accounting, balancing to the penny
- Meeting billable requirements
- Networking and some rainmaking will also be expected
- Integrity and professionalism
- College degree and/or paralegal degree from accredited school, or extensive experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary
- Mastery of Windows 10, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat. Tech native, can troubleshoot computer issues.
- Knowledge of and experience in probate process
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to manage calendar and deadlines
- Able to communicate calmly and clearly with stressed clients
- Excellent drafting and writing skills
- Common sense
- Self-starter, resourceful, compassionate, responsive, adaptable, excels at most things
- Pass background check
- Pass interview and quizzes that will be given
- Desire to help others and create something significant
About Sowards Law Firm
The team at Sowards Law Firm is relationship-focused and works diligently to provide clients with peace of mind. We take our role as trusted advisors seriously and seek team members that align with our firm's core values.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a great team. We have regular team-building events which make Sowards Law Firm a fun place to work.