Solan Park & Robello
Are you a paralegal or legal assistant that is looking for a position focused on learning and growing personally, professionally, and financially among a successful, compassionate and enthusiastic team? Are you passionate about helping people take care of their loved ones after they are gone and guiding people through the legal process? If you answered yes, then you may be the legal professional we are looking for. PLEASE read all the way to the bottom and follow the directions to apply.
We help clients care for their loved ones by planning for death, disability, and taxes. Our practice areas are related, yet different enough to be interesting: estate planning, estate administration, probate and trust administration, conservatorships, and civil litigation. We forge long-lasting relationships with clients and would like to forge one with you.
- The responsibilities for this position include preparation and maintenance of client files, drafting legal forms, letters, and court documents, writing client correspondence, keeping abreast of changes in court procedure, local rules and legal issues, client communications, and general support of attorneys.
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting of subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Minimum 1-year experience in a law firm demonstrated on your resume. Experience as a legal secretary or legal assistant is especially pertinent, and candidates with this background will be given preference.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program is strongly preferred
$50,000 - $70,000
About Solan Park & Robello
The law firm is in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District and is a full-service probate and estate planning firm offering experienced counsel in a wide range of estate planning matters—from preparation to administration to litigation. We inspire confidence in our clients by listening to their needs, understanding their goals, and providing solid legal solutions in matters of estate planning, probate, and everything in between. Our firm is committed to providing legal services tailored to suit each client's specific need. www.solanpark.com