Our downtown San Francisco law firm is seeking a highly motivated Paralegal with excellent skills to become a part of our growing team! The ideal candidate will be available for full-time work. We help clients care for their loved ones by planning for death, disability, and taxes. Our practice areas are related, yet different enough to be interesting: estate planning, estate administration, probate and trust administration, conservatorships, and civil litigation. We forge long-lasting relationships with clients. We value employees who enjoy rewarding relationships with clients, and who know how to work hard and have fun.
Paralegals perform substantive billable legal work under the direction of one or more attorneys in the office. A Paralegal’s goal is to relieve the attorney(s) she works for of a portion of the tasks involved in the practice of law, so the attorneys can focus on more substantive and valuable tasks. This paralegal position will be currently remote until transitioning into a full-time in-office position as the Covid restrictions start to relax.
A Paralegal provides billable service to clients at a lower billable rate than an attorney, providing a benefit to the clients of the firm.
1. Organizing files
2. Docketing (Scheduling) events, hearings, and deadlines
3. Filling out legal forms
4. Drafting letters and simple court documents
5. Drafting documents by customizing standard forms
6. Preparing contracts by customizing standard forms
7. Writing reports and legal documents
8. Making thorough researches about laws and judicial decisions, about current as well as past cases
9. Helping attorneys prepare cases for hearings
10. Assisting lawyers in the courtroom for trials
11. Communicating with clients with updates and gathering information
12. Reviewing pending legislation, changes to local rules, and California Rules of Court
13. Drafting motions and other court documents
14. Preparing discovery and responses to discovery demands
15. Responding to examiner notes, initial drafts of responses.
16. Preparing or coordinating the preparation of court and administrative accountings.
The law firm is located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District and is a full-service probate and estate planning firm offering experienced counsel in a wide range of estate planning matters—from preparation to administration to litigation. We inspire confidence in our clients by listening to their needs, understanding their goals, and providing solid legal solutions in matters of estate planning, probate, and everything in between. Our firm is committed to providing legal services tailored to suit each client's specific need.
We believe that the team approach helps us provide the best legal services to our clients. Our support staff will often be able to answer your questions, and they will assist in scheduling an appointment with the attorney. Come join our innovative legal team!