Men's Legal Center
Our Family Law office is looking for an experienced Family Law Paralegal to join our team.
We are an office of 16 and work diligently toward providing our clients with the best representation in Family Court.
This is an in-person position. We currently do not offer remote work.
For consideration, please submit the following three items:
- Your resume
- Three references
- The date you are available to start and your salary requirements.
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience working as a legal secretary/paralegal in a family law office
- Knowledge of court structure and family/civil procedure
- Experience and comfort levels communicating with clients on a one-on-one level
- Experience working with Court Forms, Microsoft Word and Excel, Dissomaster, and we are using Mycase to manage our clients
- Organized, self-starter who can work independently or in a team
- Professional demeanor, dress, and speech required
About Men's Legal Center
Since 1986 Men's Legal Center has been protecting the rights of our clients in family court!
We primarily represent the non-custodial parent which is usually men, but we do represent women and always advocate for our client's best interest! We are a collaborative office looking for a new team member.