Derek L. Hall, PC
- Are you someone who is looking for more than just a job?
- Do you want to be in an environment that encourages personal growth and development?
- Do you want a better work culture?
- Do you want more in your life?
- Do you have what it takes to be an amazing Paralegal?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we want to show you how we can help you and how you can help our clients get more.
Experience in the legal field, Family Law knowledge, or personal injury knowledge is preferred. Knowledge of courts and court filings.
If you are ready to expand your life and grow with us, contact us now. Computer and typing skills are a must. Knowledge of Apple computers is a plus, but not required.
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits
- 401k options
- Vacation and sick time off after qualifying time at the firm
- Paid holiday time off
- Monthly lunch and learns for team members
- An Employer that cares about giving back to the community
- Capacity to grow within the firm and ability to earn raises each year
- We really care about our employees and their future and we go to bat for them just like we go to bat for our clients
- Organizing files
- Docketing (scheduling) events
- Filling out legal forms and assisting clients with filling out forms
- Drafting letters and simple court documents for attorney review
- Writing reports and legal documents for attorney review
- Thorough legal research into new and novel issues, verifying case law, and reviewing legislation
- Preparing discovery
- Meeting with clients to review discovery responses
- Communicating with clients with updates and gathering information
- Organizing file materials and ensuring that all file materials appear in the proper place, properly labeled, and in the correct order
- Helping attorneys prepare cases for hearings and trials
- Assisting lawyers in the courtroom
- Prepare for, and attend depositions
- Prepare and organize exhibits during depositions
- Prepare and file all court documents
- Prepare, organize, and file documents and correspondence
Back up for Legal Assistant, including but not limited to:
- Check e filing
- Update file
- Answer phones
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a paralegal or legal assistant
- Experience with E-filing
- Proficient in typing
- Good communication skills, oral, and written
- Familiarity with drafting pleadings and correspondence
- Can-do attitude
- "Never Satisfied" mentality
- Prior Experience as a Paralegal is a MUST!!!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES! PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE AS A PARALEGAL!
$30,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Derek L. Hall, PC
Derek L. Hall, PC is a Ridgeland, Mississippi-based law firm that emphasizes personal growth and development for its employees and staff. We believe that our team is vital to the success of our business and to our clients. We encourage finding better ways to help our employees and our clients through proven processes that create benefits in personal growth, professional development, and overall happiness. We have a "never satisfied" mentality.
Come join our exciting, growing team.
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.