Kimbrough Legal, PLLC
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS OF PARALEGAL EXPERIENCE HANDLING TEXAS FAMILY LAW CASES. THIS POSITION IS VERY DRAFTING INTENSIVE SO YOU NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN DRAFTING LEGAL DOCUMENTS FROM BEGINNING TO END. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
What are some characteristics that you should have?
- You will have excellent clear, concise, and effective communication skills. You must also be a positive person. If you see the glass as being half full, you are the type of person we are looking for.
- You must be competent and proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and email, at a minimum. The more computer experience the better! If you are familiar with legal software, such as MyCase, that is a plus. We are a modern tech-savvy firm so you have to be okay with adapting and learning new technology quickly.
- Preference is for those who are in the Austin area and able to work in the office.
$18 - $22 hourly
About Kimbrough Legal, PLLC
Kimbrough Legal, PLLC provides clients in Austin, San Antonio, and the surrounding areas with bold, passionate legal representation for family law and criminal defense cases. We’re good at what we do because we follow one simple principle: the client comes first. It’s why we pride ourselves on creating thoughtful client-centered solutions that are both practical and accessible for those we serve. We represent people from all walks of life, whether it’s a first-time DWI offender to spouses locked in contentious divorces.