Barr & Mudford LLP
Do you love digging into research and helping people? We’re hiring a paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, filing motions, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. Applicants should be experienced, highly-organized professionals with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Talented communicator and writer
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
About Barr & Mudford LLP
At B&M we have been representing victims of serious injury throughout the West since 1967, the legal firm of Barr and Mudford is headquartered in Redding, California, and serves clients throughout the entire Northern California region, including Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Currently, we are helping many victims of the devastating Northern California fires and, as residents of the area ourselves, we especially understand the difficulties and challenges of this situation.