Hughes & Hughes, LLP
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced family paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research.
Please only submit your resume if you live within 35 miles of Palm Desert. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. A job offer is a contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug test.
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- At least 2 years of family law paralegal experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
About Hughes & Hughes, LLP
At Hughes & Hughes, we approach your family law matter professionally and compassionately. While we are seasoned family attorneys, we are also spouses, parents, and grandparents. We understand that any family law issue you encounter creates a crisis in your life and the lives of those you love. Our goal is to help guide you through your legal proceedings quickly and return peace of mind and normalcy to your life.