DEMETRIOS N. DALMARES & ASSOCIATES, LTD.
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You will draft legal documents including Petitions, Motions, and a variety of discovery documents, such as financial affidavits, and Written Ints and Notice to Produce, prepare pretrial memos, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in improving your paralegal career we want to hear from you. This is an in office position.
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
$22 - $27 hourly
About DEMETRIOS N. DALMARES & ASSOCIATES, LTD.
The Law Office of Demetrios N. Dalmares is a South Suburban Law Firm, with an emphasis on Family Law/Paternity cases, Real Estate and other miscellaneous services packaged to assist with legal needs. The firm has been in existence since 1996, and Demetrios N. Dalmares, the founding partner has been in practice for over 30 years. This is a fast-paced, family-oriented and collegial firm where everyone is expected to work together in accomplishing goals and managing client expectations. The firm practices in the Chicago Metro Area, including Cook, Will, Du Page and Kankakee Counties.