The Maddox Law Firm, LLC
Signing Bonus available for the successful candidate!
The Maddox Law Firm focuses independently on criminal defense and serious personal injury but operates under the same ownership. The people we hire bring a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude to work every day. We are recruiting for a Paralegal to join our team and work directly with the Owner and attorneys to support the team and help clients.
This position will be responsible for important work, including:
- Organize case files for both criminal defense and pre-litigation personal injury cases
- Drafting letters and court documents
- Assisting attorneys with drafting motions and other court documents
- Drafting documents by customizing standard forms. Obtain necessary records
- Communicate with clients with updates and gathering information
- Responsible for ensuring all cases are completed per procedure
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our Paralegal:
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You have great organization skills and can think on your feet
- You are creative, have integrity, and a sense of humor
- You love being an ambassador for a mission and team that deliver meaningful results to others and support your ethics and philosophies
- You are proficient with calendar programs, Microsoft Office, and contact management software
- You love creating and following procedures and systems because they make your job easier
- You can communicate with prospects and contacts with a sincere and warm smile, even on your "bad days"
- You have strong grammar and proofreading capabilities
- The candidate we seek should be able to demonstrate good judgment, have the ability to prioritize your activities with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and coordinate cheerfully with your fellow team members to get the job done
- You should have an above-average ability to learn and adapt as our businesses grow. In fact, we'd love to find someone who can see the big picture and then make recommendations for all the nitty-gritty details to make things better instead of waiting around for instructions
- We are looking for a long-term relationship with the right candidate.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently is a plus
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with seriously injured individuals and individuals charged with serious crimes and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
$20 - $23 hourly
About The Maddox Law Firm, LLC
The Maddox Law Firm and The Connecticut Auto Accident Law Group focus independently on criminal defense and serious personal injury but operate under the same ownership. The people we hire will bring a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude to work every day. Our mission is to provide powerful and relentless advocacy in Fairfield County and throughout the State of Connecticut.