Posternock & Apell
Are you looking for a terrific place to work, in a collegial environment, with excellent client relationships and an opportunity to gain experience and succeed? Then we may be the perfect match for you. We are not your typical law firm, where the only thing that matters is billable hours. Our mission is to relieve our clients’ stress and provide outstanding results. We take pride in our firm’s culture, where everyone works to meet their full potential and accomplish their professional goals. While we work hard, we also take time to have fun, volunteer, and support our community.
The ideal candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have a proven track record of managing multiple projects in estate administration and planning. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work in a stimulating and dynamic environment. This position offers the chance to become an integral part of a forward-thinking legal team and develop skills in the expanding area of Trust and Estate law.
- Assist in all phases of trust and estate administration, including organizing and analyzing asset information; valuation of assets; preparation of inventories, asset allocation agreements, asset transfer document, and procedural forms, among other
- Secure and organize documents related to the client’s estate.
- Help draft estate documents for the attorney’s review (wills, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and trusts).
- Review and draft probate pleadings, including fiduciary reports/accountings; and assist with Estate and Gift Tax return preparation.
- Categorize and interpret information from bank, brokerage and other financial statements.
- Prepare documents and assist with creating and transferring assets into trusts.
- Preparing and filing probate documents in the administration of an estate (complaints, motions, inventories, accountings, and notices).
- Obtaining date of death values for assets, filing life insurance claims and other death benefits.
- Contacting beneficiaries and next of kin regarding admission of the will and other probate hearings.
- Administering estate accounts and assisting with the liquidation and transfer of property.
- Preparing and filing the decedent’s final income and tax returns (inheritance tax returns).
- Providing support in the administration of guardianships.
- Experience in Trust and Estates planning, administration and probate is a big plus.
- Familiarity with local court rules and procedures, which is essential for the role.
- An Investigative mind and strong research skills.
- Experience in drafting and preparing Estate related documents. Experience drafting probate forms and ensuring compliance with document formalities.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience in Estate Administration.
- An excellent understanding of legal procedures and terminology.
- A Paralegal Certification or Associate’s Degree in paralegal studies (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred).
$50,000 - $70,000
About Posternock & Apell
Are you tired of the same old law firm? Well, look no further. We may be the match for you! Our firm is driven by individual excellence but success is determined by teamwork. We hire motivated individuals who like driving cases and do not want to be MICROMANAGED. We provide support, leadership, and educational experiences but you will have the freedom and responsibility to be who you are, an amazing paralegal.
We take pride in our firm’s culture, where everyone works to meet their full potential and accomplish their professional goals. While we work hard, we also take time to have fun, volunteer, and support our community.
At Posternock Apell, we offer competitive compensation packages and benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the legal field, we encourage you to apply to join our team at Posternock Apell, PC