Law Office of Steven F Carvel
Paralegal - Entry Level Trust, Estates, Probate
Do you love digging in and organizing? Interested in building a foundation that will support a growing career? Are you currently working in another legal area and are looking for an opportunity to make a change? We’re hiring an entry-level paralegal to assist our legal team in trust and estate planning and administration. Applicants should be smart, willing to learn, willing to work hard, and motivated to grow with great attention to detail. If this sounds like a job you’ll love, apply below.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of estate planning documents, including Trusts, Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Advance Health Care Directives
- Assist in Trust Funding including preparation of trust transfer deeds and related documents
- Assist in Trust Administration
- Assist in Probate Administration
- Coordinate daily law firm activities including maintaining firm calendars, participating in client meetings, and assisting with client needs
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and maintaining files so that all documents are readily accessible
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The candidate must meet the requirements of California Business and Professions Code Section 6450(c) governing the qualifications of a paralegal https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=BPC§ionNum=6450
$25 - $35 hourly
About Law Office of Steven F Carvel
We are a fun, fast-paced boutique estate planning and trust administration law firm, looking for a full-time reliable Office Administrator. You will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.