Emery Law Office
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, experienced paralegal to play an important role on our personal injury team. You’ll draft legal documents such as discovery responses and demand letters, maintain communication with clients, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible.
Emery Law Office is a relationship-focused law firm. We go beyond the basic facts of each case by getting to know our clients’ stories. Within the office we work as a team, supporting each team member professionally and personally and promoting a healthy work-life balance. If you’re interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities to grow and thrive, we want to hear from you.
Competitive base pay plus bonus structure
- Zero-deductible health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Two weeks of PTO plus paid holidays
- Handle personal injury case files from start to finish, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Maintain client satisfaction by keeping them updated and assisting them with matters related to their case
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as demand letters, discovery responses, complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Communicate with clients, expert witnesses, insurance company adjusters, supporting witnesses, and medical providers to gather information
- Help lawyers prep for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls, updating our case management system, and keeping case files organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program, such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, preferred
- 2+ years of experience in handling personal injury cases, including litigation, under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Completion of a nationally accredited paralegal program preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Friendly and empathetic interpersonal skills
- Included with your application, the following cover letter: a paragraph that answers the question, "What are the three most important skills you have learned in your career? Why?"; a paragraph that answers the question, "Why are you applying for this particular job?"; and as a closing sentence, the words “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting & have followed the instructions.”
About Emery Law Office
Melissa Emery’s mission in opening our firm was to grow a relationship-focused personal injury practice. We provide quality, compassionate legal services and treat our clients like real people. We build relationships with medical providers, support locally-owned businesses, and encourage a personable office culture.
Melissa was a single mom of four when she started her legal career, so she values putting family first. Though uncommon in the legal industry, we leave work at 5pm (4 on Fridays) and we don’t work weekends. We’re flexible and understanding about family emergencies.
We prefer authentic over uptight and stuffy. We care about our clients and each other. We love what we do and we love to celebrate - whether it's a milestone, a birthday, or just another of our frequent doughnut days.
Oh, and did we mention leaving at 4pm on Fridays and not working weekends?