The Ward Law Firm, PA
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
$53,000 - $60,000 yearly
About The Ward Law Firm, PA
At the Ward Law Firm, PA, we help parents protect the things that matter most! Our practice is focused on divorce and custody-related issues. We also assist our clients with other family law-related issues, such as legitimization, modification, and enforcement actions. One of the most important values our team shares is our commitment to protecting children. Children are often the ones who suffer the most through divorce cases and we are dedicated to ensuring they are kept out of the chaos that is all too common in family law cases.