The Maine Criminal Defense Group
We’re seeking an experienced paralegal who has experience producing documentation, drafting and tracking motions, managing casework deadlines, maintaining records in a case management system, researching legal issues, working with attorneys to produce high-quality legal work, and supporting attorneys at trial.
We will train you on our standards and how we operate within the firm. You must have a working knowledge base around criminal legal proceedings and solid experience as a Paralegal to hit the ground running. As we are a small firm, the most important qualities you can possess are a great attitude, eagerness to learn, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and help wherever it’s needed. The right candidate for this position may work remotely from within New England.
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
• Communicate with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
$45,000+ based on experience
About The Maine Criminal Defense Group
We are a boutique law firm that has been in business since 2010. With a great reputation for excellence in the legal community, we offer full-time employees paid holidays, paid time off, employer-paid health benefits, and participation in the firm's Simple IRA retirement plan.