Tomes Law Firm, PC
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to support our growing debtor bankruptcy and litigation practice. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, prepare discovery and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate empathy, attention to detail, and a desire to grow.
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Talented communicator and writer
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have at least 3 years of bankruptcy and litigation experience.
$37,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Tomes Law Firm, PC
We are a growing bankruptcy and tax resolution firm that is eager to become the number one firm at helping those who were plagued by the pandemic in their financial situation. We strive to become our client's trusted legal advisors throughout their life in not only helping them right their situation but keeping them back on track by helping them in the future.