Atlanta Family & Immigration Law Firm
We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Take care of administrative tasks such as answering phones and maintaining an organized filing system for all legal documents
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Maintain legal files both electronic and hardcopy.
- Draft legal pleadings with minimal support.
- You will manage the caseload and the Attorneys. You will have to run and sometimes you will have to fly to keep up with them. You will organize the Attorney calendar. You will plan what the Attorney has to do to be ready for what you know is coming up on the calendar. Thank you cards will be sent, gifts, birthday cards, etc. You must have good taste as you will often be making decisions about all kinds of things that represent the Attorney and the Firm.
- You will be organized for the Attorney. That means organizing client files (cloud and paper) and basically stay on top of the Attorney's life so things that get created don't have to get recreated or waste time searching for things. Not because you know where everything is, but because you manage a system that empowers everyone to know where things are.
- You should be familiar with westlaw, mycase, cliogrow, microsoft office suite, efile court documents in all Metro Atlanta Counties, USCIS, and Immigration Court. You will draft correspondence, take brilliantly half-baked correspondence and finish it. You will gather, collect, and keep track of all kinds of stuff.
- You should be the sort of person who plans ahead, uses good judgment, and defensible criteria when making decisions. You should be the sort of person who can deal with all personalities. You should be able to manage time, energy, and other resources. And you should be a nice person.
- Still interested? Resumes that appear to meet our qualifications will move to the second round which involves a short quiz before the interview.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
About Atlanta Family & Immigration Law Firm
Atlanta Family and Immigration Law Firm is a boutique law firm that is guided by compassion and dedication to achieve results. Our law firm represents injured victims and immigrants who wish to make the United States their home.