We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
- Draft legal documents, pleadings, and correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits under the guidance of a lawyer
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Arrange law office activity such as drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Draft letters, motions, proposed orders, reports, and court documents
- Draft, Review, Update, and Finalize responses to Motions, Interrogatories, Discovery, Requests for Production of Documents, and Stipulations
- Review files, research precedents, add arguments and statutory references
- Draft, Review, Update and Finalize Sworn Financial Statements, 16.2 disclosures, Certificates of Compliance, Joint Trial Management Certificates
- Prepare Asset/Debt Spreadsheets, Maintenance Calculations, and Child Support Worksheets
- Prepare exhibits and rebuttal exhibits
- Routine communication with clients, counsel, experts, and other third parties
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Minimum 1 year of Family Law Paralegal experience under a Colorado Family Law Attorney
- Knowledge of the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure applicable to domestic litigation, court procedure, and deadlines
- Wickedly attentive to details and proactive communication
$55,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.