Klie Law Offices, PLLC
Domestic Relations Paralegal
If you are interested in using your family law knowledge to help clients going through a difficult family experience this might be the right job for you!
We are an entrepreneurial law firm that helps clients who have experienced a personal injury, employment, or family issue in West Virginia. Our firm is on track for aggressive growth, and we need an experienced paralegal to join our family law team in Clarksburg, WV. We need a family law paralegal that can work directly with our attorneys and legal team to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. Our firm is team-oriented and candidates will need to be team players. We are growing fast, and we need a paralegal who can hit the ground running and that requires minimal training.
Compensation: $40,000 - $57,000
A Klie Law family law paralegal will need to be able to:
- Communicate with clients, experts, opposing attorneys, and court staff
- Lead discovery meetings with clients.
- Manage and monitor case progress, deadlines, and important timeframes/milestones.
- Review, analyze, and summarize the evidence.
- Draft documents such as letters, petitions, answers to petitions, financial statements, motions, responses to motions, discovery requests and responses, orders, notices, mediation statements, indexes, and other various documents needed.
- Prepare child support, spousal support, and equitable distribution calculations with assistance from attorneys.
- Help identify inconsistencies in financial and other documents provided to us by opposing counsel
- Help attorneys prepare cases for depositions, mediations, hearings, and trials.
- Coordinate witness testimony and draft subpoenas.
- Research laws and judicial decisions about current as well as past cases.
- Assist attorneys with proofreading and finalizing documents for filing.
- Assist lawyers in the courtroom.
- Maintain records and information in our digital case management system.
- Enter billable and non-billable times in the case management system on a daily basis.
If these statements describe you, then you may be the perfect candidate for our family law paralegal position:
- You smile when you answer the phone.
- You see an opportunity for an organization where other people see a mess.
- You are persistent.
- You are compassionate and want to make a difference.
- You are a “go-getter.”
- You are able to think outside of the box and have great problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player and will never say “that’s not my job!”
- You adapt to change and embrace growth.
- You conquer case management systems and the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to calendars, e-mail, word processing, and the Internet.
- You are an extraordinary juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly.
- You are responsible, accountable, and take pride in your work.
- You can deal with a boss who is always busy, might not give much direction, might get distracted by new exciting things, and who hates dealing with admin tasks.
- You take ownership of your mistakes. You learn from them and use constructive feedback as fuel to better yourself.
- You have a good eye for detail and impeccable organizational skills.
- You like challenges.
You must have experience. While we love to help people learn and grow, we don’t have time for that right now. We need a paralegal with experience in family law. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding. This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week at our Clarksburg, WV location.
As part of our compensation package, we offer health, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, 401K matching, as well as a structured bonus program.
$40,000 - $57,000
About Klie Law Offices, PLLC
Klie Law Offices, PLLC is a growing litigation law firm that takes pride in helping our clients through difficult times by providing honest and efficient service. Our areas of practice include family, employment, and personal injury. We service clients all over the state of West Virginia. We strive to bring a high level of honest and ethical legal services and strive for client satisfaction.
- We guide families through difficult times to brighter tomorrows.
- We help innocently injured people who suffer harm and losses.
- We help hard workers who have been wrongfully fired put their lives back together.
As part of our compensation package, we offer health, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, 401K matching as well as a structured bonus program.