We're looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal to play an important role on our legal team. You'll draft legal documents such as affidavits, prepare briefs, conduct legal research for trial preparation, and keep case files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible. If you're interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate should respond back with their resume and cover letter. The applicant should indicate an adjective that describes them before their name. For example, “Efficient Erin Johnson.” Please send documents to BLBparalegal at g mail.com
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills. Strong written communication skills: ability to write clearly and concisely to accurately draft court documents, complete paperwork, and communicate with clients and the courts etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with a case management system a plus
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Operate with integrity
- Ability to be flexible
- Proficient in managing a calendar
- A smiling conversationalist. Self-motivated, highly energetic, great communicator
- Adheres to deadlines. Candidate must be punctual, reliable, able to follow instructions accurately, and attentive to details.
- Manage complex and difficult cases and clients in a way that reflects our firm values and culture
- Work independently, but also work alongside and collaborate with a growing dedicated team
- Prior legal experience preferred
$12 - $17 hourly
About BLB Law
BLB Law, LLC
Attorney at Law
9582 Tara Blvd.
Do you absolutely love meeting new people? Do you get personal fulfillment out of helping people solve their problems... Are you patient and kind, efficient and direct?
Can you handle sensitive subject matters with maturity and compassion? Are you ready to help people in some of their toughest situations?
We are BLB Law, a firm that specializes in Family, Criminal, and Personal Injury Law and we are looking for you!
We are in need of a passionately dedicated professional ready, willing, and able to answer the call of duty. The position involves administrative duties, client intake and customer service, and direct attorney support. The position requires great attention to detail and a pleasant disposition, as you will be the liaison between the attorneys, clients, and the courts.