VM Gokea Law Group PLLC
Are you looking for an enterprising law firm that values innovation and personal development? Do you want to work with a team that helps people and makes their lives better? Do you thrive on being a big fish in a small pond, with the owner’s attention and ear tuned in to you? Would you enjoy the opportunity to interact with clients daily, work on all aspects of firm projects, and shape firm processes, rather than push paper all day? If so, then VM Gokea – The Inheritance Lawyer could be a great fit for you.
VM Gokea – The Inheritance Lawyer is seeking a highly motivated Paralegal with excellent skills to become a part of our growing team! The ideal candidate will be available for full-time work. We Help Families Plan for their Kids and Protect Their Wealth!
Our practice areas are related, yet different enough to be interesting: estate planning, estate administration, probate, and trust administration. We forge long-lasting relationships with our clients. We value employees who enjoy rewarding relationships with clients, and who know how to work hard and have fun.
- Intake Process: set up the initial meeting, prepare and send intake packet, confirm appointments, greet clients, draft fee agreement, open file, and docket deadlines
- Assist with the drafting, revising, and finalizing of legal documents
- Maintain communication with clients and other parties
- Prepare closing packet for signing and witness signing of legal documents
- Maintain client database
- Accurately enter billable time, create checklists for procedures
- Suggest improvements in procedures to prepare for growth
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have, preferably, 3+ years of paralegal experience in estate planning and administration experience with a fundamental understanding of estate planning/administration concepts
- Possess strong multi-tasking and time management skills: be able to prioritize and manage many varied tasks at a time, following through in a timely manner while maintaining a positive attitude
- Be flexible and willing to perform administrative tasks when needed
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be a team-oriented self-starter who is detail-oriented
- Have strong computer skills with significant experience in MS Office Suite, timekeeping, and case management software
- Be able to learn new software with ease
- Have excellent spelling, typing, and grammar skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with high standards for quality and quantity of work
- Be a team player who is able to interact with our clients, colleagues, and co-workers in a personable and professional manner
About VM Gokea Law Group PLLC
VM Gokea - The Inheritance Lawyer is a fast growing law firm with offices in Manhattan and Southampton, NY, helping families protect their kids and their assets before it's too late. We create Wills, Trusts, we represent families in Elder Law matters and Probate when a loved one passes away.
Our law firm functions based on policies and procedures with clear parameters for each position and many opportunities for growth. We are looking for team members who work well in a collegial, fast paced environment ready to learn and grow with our firm.