Workers' Advocate Law Group PC
Wage and Hour Paralegal
Workers' Advocate Law Group is looking for an experienced team member who can support a busy attorney with employment litigation on a remote basis.
Our focus is on serving working men and women and their families in underrepresented communities in employment and serious personal injury matters.
We are hoping to add a paralegal with experience handling wage and hour and FEHA actions. Should understand labor code considerations and feel comfortable preparing mediation briefs in addition to discovery and pleadings.
Our group is dynamic, respects flexible work schedules, and leverages the best of working fully remotely in a paperless office. We're self-directed professionals with an appreciation for the people we serve and a sense of purpose.
Overall you should be able to:
- Handle first-round drafts of pleadings
- Prepare discovery, including compiling exhibits, redacting, and bates numbering exhibits
- Review, digest, and share discovery findings produced by opposing counsel with Attorney Harmoush
- Leverage internal templates to draft transactional documents
- Maintaining internal files/dockets for ongoing litigation, manage client communication portal regarding deadlines and filings
- Calculate damages in wage and hour matters
- Record your work and time in our practice management software system
In addition to prior experience in a law office, the candidate will embody our core values:
- Detail-Oriented and Organized: This position will be responsible for a number of different tasks. The candidate will need to be highly organized to stay on track with their workload
- Friendly/Upbeat/Positive: While we spend a lot of time with heads-down work, we also want to be a fun and positive place to work. We believe that your attitude affects the quality of your work
- Confident and Clear Communicator: It is vital to our business that all team members ask. Candidates must be comfortable using the firm's tech stack to provide timely and constant communication to the team. The only stupid question is the one that isn’t asked
- Independent Thinker/Self-Starter: Since this is a newly built-out role for our firm, we'd love you to be the type of person who sees things that need to be done and works with the team to accomplish those things
- Technology is Your Friend: Are you a tech person? If so, great! If not, are you completely comfortable learning new software? We use streamlined solutions, (i.e. technology) to work smarter in our firm, so we need this position to have the skillset to jump in and learn those quickly
- Team Player: We know everyone in our team plays a vital role in the firm’s success. The ideal candidate feels the same way and feels comfortable working with the team member best suited to help with the assignment.
- Goal Orientated: We are focused on setting goals on a regular basis to ensure we are better every day. We strive to be 1% better today than we were yesterday
$35 - $50 hourly
About Workers' Advocate Law Group PC
Workers' Advocate is a client-centered firm, serving working people who do not often have the opportunity to be represented by attorney. As such, our Advocates put the client's experience first. From the first phone call until the day they recommend us to a friend of family member, we are allies, teachers, and exceptional legal advocates. If we cannot take someone's case, we treat that person with the same consideration and dignity as if they have worked with us for years. Workers' Advocate is here to make people in our communities feel comfortable to approach the law for justice - no matter what.
In the end, our Advocates provide clear and to the point communication; no games. This is our service to the communities we are a part of. There is no ego and there is no expectation that every day will be easy. We fight with integrity and courage for our clients to have hope and the outcome they deserve.