The DM Burr Group
- $200 New Hire Bonus after 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday
- Consistent Work Schedules
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Company Provided Training
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns, etc.)
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to accomplish tasks that require physical strength over a long period of time.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment and procedures.
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; successful completion of an apprenticeship
About The DM Burr Group
About DM Burr:
What started as a family-owned and operated cleaning business. Over the past 2 decades, DM Burr has grown to become one of the largest, privately-owned building maintenance providers serving the Midwest! With over 1,000 team members throughout Michigan, DM Burr services a variety of areas, such as schools, government, and public facilities, manufacturing plants, financial institutions, retail centers, and more!