SES Group of Companies LLC
The Painter/Blaster performs all aspects of coating and painting application, sand-blasting, and other tasks relative to industrial coatings. The position will require travel, and we are providing per diem for anyone leaving 50 miles+ from the job location.
- Ability to learn to apply coatings through conventional, airless, and plural spray systems
- Ability to learn to apply paint with brush and roller
- Ability to learn to operate and maintain various types of equipment
- Ability to learn various painting and application methods
- Ability to learn to spray with consistent millage
- Ability to learn various types of blast requirements
- Ability to learn proper surface preparation procedures
- Ability to learn proper paint mixing procedures
- Ability to understand and read Product Data Sheets
- Ability to learn the safe operation of construction tools and equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- There is no minimum level of experience, but the individuals’ level of experience will be used to determine starting wages
The following experience would be considered a plus:
- Experience and ability with conventional spray systems, airless spray systems, and plural spraying systems
- Experience and ability to apply industrial paint with a brush and roller
- Experience with epoxy, polyurethanes, and/or high solids coatings
- Proficient in the application and use of plural component systems
- Ability to apply all types of coatings using various application methods
- Training and ability to operate a man lift, work at heights, and swing stage training
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The employee is regularly required to sit
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- The employee must regularly apply 75-foot pounds of torque in the assembly, dismantling, erection, and installation of various types of structures, tank jig, scaffolding, etc.
- Regularly swings a 10-pound hammer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as pertains to the mixing of paint
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the job site
The noise level in the construction work environment is usually extremely loud
$24 - $30
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.