In this entry-level role, the Packaging Consultant Trainee will engage in an extensive training program for the first couple months of employment. The home office is in Philadelphia, PA. The Trainee will be required to pass both written and hands on assessments, validating their understanding of each subject matter area being focused on.
As part of the program, the Trainee will learn how to perform various tests and analyses associated with packaging and shipping, and will gain knowledge needed to provide clientele with alternative solutions that improves productivity, enhances the client’s brand, advocates for sustainability where desired, and promotes employees health and safety, all while helping the client reach their company goals and objectives.
Upon completion of the program, the Trainee will become a Packaging Consultant and will prospect in a territory assigned to her/him. She/he will be tasked with establishing relationships and closing new business with prospects in order to grow a book of continuing business clients for themselves.
The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, will identify themselves as exceptional at conceptualization, and be strongly financially motivated to succeed.
- Accountable for taking a participative role in their training. Off hours studying and researching supplemental training aids and information online during the course of the training should be expected in order to attain all competencies required to become a Packaging Consultant.
- Throughout course of training, build list of potential clients/prospects in Trainee’s assigned territory. Log the prospect information into a company tracking file for prospecting use once training program is completed and Trainee gets promoted to a Packaging Consultant.
- When assigned as part of the training, observe and note activities and tasks engaged by experienced, veteran staff.
- Accurately perform hands-on pick-pack-price, stretch film cut and weighs, dimensional weight calculations, box sealing tape calculations, and other analytical packaging related tasks, on demand when requested to do so throughout training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline strongly preferred, but may consider other majors.
- Excellent research and time management skills required.
- Continuous improvement methodology exposure via course work or certifications, i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc., is a plus.
- Public speaking experience, i.e. leadership roles in school/community organizations, public speaking workshops/course work, etc., is a plus.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation as driving to clients/prospects is required.
- Identify themselves as remarkably comfortable meeting and communicating with new people from a variety of backgrounds, on a regular basis.
- Consider themselves to have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive when independent goals and objectives are assigned.
- Enjoy results-orientated environment where individual success is praised and financially rewarded.
- Possess exceptionally strong competitive tendencies, and a tenacious ambition to be successful.
- Label themselves as a life-long learner who has a thirst for ongoing education to support their personal life and career.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a must.
- Unwaveringly identifies themselves as having a positive attitude.
Base Salary Plus Commission
About United Packaging
United Packaging is a consulting firm that provides programs and solutions encompassing the packaging, shipping, facility maintenance, and safety requirements of businesses across a wide array of industries. Our talented team consists of seasoned industry veterans, Six Sigma black belts, MBA’s, and young “up and comers” who bring a fresh set of eyes to old problems.