We are currently seeking an excellent outside sales representative who can develop a sales strategy and build and expand buyer relationships to achieve sales goals. You’ll be responsible for seeking out, engaging with, and presenting our solutions to new prospects and current customers. If you have a proven track record of outside selling and are looking for a lucrative outside sales position that provides you with the flexibility, support, and compensation to help you shine, we want to connect!
- Move your sales leads and deals through the sales pipeline efficiently while consistently adding new target buyers into the funnel
- Present a win-win solution for the prospect, negotiate sales contract specifics, and close deals
- Stay on top of market and industry trends to help educate prospects and clients on how we differentiate ourselves
- Pinpoint and overcome potential obstacles such as competition, pain points, budgets, and timelines by qualifying your prospective customers quickly and thoroughly
- Leverage social prospecting and multiple communication channels to find, meet with, and follow-up with potential customers and deal opportunities
- Use your prospecting and follow-up skills with potential customers online, in-person, or on the phone to uncover potential new clients.
- Proven track record in sales
- At least 2 years of outside sales experience preferred
- High school diploma required and some industry or product knowledge preferred
- You love talking and meeting with prospects, presenting to them, closing the deal, and asking for referrals
- You are an organized, detail and deadline-oriented self-starter who loves contributing your team’s goals
- 2 years of outside sales experience preferred
- Some industry or product knowledge preferred and a High School diploma is required (a college degree is preferred )
$85,000 - $115,000 at plan
About Northwestern Mutual
The Northwestern Mutual Difference:
We make plans for people, not just money. So no matter your goals, we have access to top-rated products and services to help you meet each one.
- Best Life Insurance Company ranked by NerdWallet, April 2019 1
- Highest financial strength ratings of any life insurer from all four major rating agencies2
- Top 5 U.S. Independent Investment Broker-Dealer3
2017-2019 and TM, NerdWallet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
A.M. Best Company, A++ (highest), 04/20; Fitch Ratings, AAA (highest), 08/20; Moody's Investors Service, Aaa (highest), 07/20; S&P Global Ratings, AA+ (second highest), 06/20. Ratings are subject to change. Ratings are for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company and Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company.
Measured by 2019 total revenues. Ranking for Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC. Sources: Financial Advisor Magazine and Investment News, May 2020.