"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of an Operations Manager for our facility in West Sacramento.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, and opportunities for growth and development.
We are a leader in Pavement Preservation has an exciting career opportunity for an Operations Manager at our West Sacramento Office.
Our Operations Manager will be a natural at building relationships, have impeccable organizational skills, and the ability to work under deadlines and understand the business.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all activities associated with the shipment and placement of emulsion and asphalt products. Operational duties would include oil transportation, oil spreading, and the oversight of municipal and private construction activities. Also assists in the development of the VSSE budget, conducts monthly financial reviews, is responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget forecasts. Oversees and coordinates monthly job cost to complete and job status reports. Supervises the operational staff and the enforces company’s construction and operational policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management and supervision of the operational staff including transportation, construction, and the asphalt rubber departments
- Management of equipment utilization, and partnership with the equipment manager and related staff
- Assist in the development of the annual VSSE budget
- Review monthly project cost to complete reports with Area Manager
- Prepare monthly job status report
- Review monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets
- Develop, bid, and track markets for asphalt rubber and spreading services
- Perform periodic performance reviews of personnel
- Negotiate and interact with agency personnel to ensure future strong affiliation and relationships with private and public agency
- Review master construction agreement and purchase order agreement
- Oversee and evaluate cost and revenue on a continuous basis during the year to assure all projects are profitable
- Assure responsible parties generate billings and track payments
- Participate in the yearly project forensic review
- Develop and recommend various training programs including seminars when justified
- Correlate meetings with appropriate personnel both internal and external to promote better business relationships for the Company
- Assists Area Manager in providing services that are needed for efficient operations within the company structure
- Special projects as assigned
- Expected and accountable to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management
MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES for Transportation / Asphalt Rubber Operations:
- Directly oversees management of the operations and logistics staff
- Directly oversees management and care of the equipment resources
- Manages responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees
- Measure and appraise performance levels, rewarding/disciplining, and resolving complaints
OPERATIONS MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience required
- Minimum five+ years in a Construction/Materials Environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven leadership qualities
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals
- Must be capable of functioning in fast-paced demanding working environment
EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferable in Construction Management and/or Civil Engineering. Master’s Degree beneficial
- Five + years experience in construction/materials, prior managerial experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
1 - 1 yearly
About Basic Resources
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.