"Our People Are Our Strategy"
We are growing and in need of an Operations Manager in West Sacramento.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, and opportunities for growth and development.
We are a Pavement Preservation company and have an exciting career opportunity for an Operations Manager at our West Sacramento Office.
Our Operations Manager will be a natural at building relationships, have impeccable organizational skills, ability to work under deadlines, and understand the business.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all activities associated with the shipment and placement of VSSE emulsion and asphalt products. Operational duties would include oil transportation, oil spreading, and the oversight of municipal and private construction activities. Also, assists in the development of the VSSE budget, conducts monthly financial reviews, is responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget forecasts. Oversees and coordinates monthly job costs to complete job status reports. Supervises the operational staff and the enforces company’s construction and operational policies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management and supervision of the operational staff including transportation, construction, and the asphalt rubber departments.
- Management of equipment utilization, and partnership with the equipment manager and related staff.
- Assist in the development of the annual VSSE budget.
- Review monthly project costs to complete reports with Area Manager.
- Prepare monthly job status report.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets.
- Develop, bid, and track markets for asphalt rubber and spreading services.
- Perform periodic performance reviews of personnel.
- Negotiate and interact with agency personnel to ensure future strong affiliation and relationships with private and public agencies.
- Review the master construction agreement and purchase order agreement.
- Oversee and evaluate cost and revenue on a continuous basis during the year to assure all projects are profitable.
- Assure responsible parties generate billings and track payments.
- Participate in the yearly project forensic review.
- Develop and recommend various training programs including seminars when justified.
- Correlate meetings with appropriate personnel both internal and external to promote better business relationships for the Company.
- Assists Area Manager in providing services that are needed for efficient operations within the company structure.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Expected and accountable to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Managerial Responsibilities for Transportation / Asphalt Rubber Operations:
- Directly oversees the management of the operations and logistics staff.
- Directly oversees management and care of the equipment resources.
- Manages responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, and training of employees.
- Measure and appraise performance levels, rewarding/disciplining, and resolving complaints.
Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum five+ years in a Construction/Materials Environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning in a fast-paced demanding working environment.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and/or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferable in Construction Management and/or Civil Engineering. Master’s Degree beneficial.
- Five + years experience in construction/materials, prior managerial experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
$90,000 - $130,000 yearly
About Basic Resources
A solid and stable Company with over 77 years of service, we offer; Competitive Wages, 401k, Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Paid Time Off, Free On-Line University, Recognition Programs, and Advancement Opportunities, all with a great Family Culture.