Fait and DiLima, LLP
Fait & DiLima is seeking to fill the position of Operations Manager. We need a full-blown bona fide management professional who has prior experience running a small law firm or your own division or department of a mid to large law firm. We do great work and take satisfaction in helping others, specifically our clients as they navigate complex and often highly emotional family law matters. We want to continue to increase profitability but we also want to experience the good life now, and we want to pursue our hopes and dreams and desire the same for our staff. We require a leader who excels in change management, solution-driven problem solving, high energy positivity, conflict resolution skills, and a sense of humor equal in measure to your compassion. We care about our team's overall wellness and we are dedicated to maintaining a positive and upbeat work environment.
Our firm has been successful for over 25 years and we have grown rapidly. We are proud of the firm we’ve built; we’ve done a lot of good, and we’ve gotten a lot of stuff right! But there is also a lot of room for improvement, continued growth, and expertise. This is the first time we will be bringing in someone from the outside to help us manage the people and the processes in the firm. The right person for this position is someone we can develop trust in and who will trust in us. The right person for this position will be able to “manage up” to help us help you get your job done.
Prior legal experience is required, bilingual skills a plus. Knowledge of family law will be helpful. If you don’t have it, you need to commit to getting yourself up to speed quickly because you will be expected to make sure cases and clients are getting the attention they need and to assure that our staff is supported by and adhering to firm procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate any level of discrimination on any basis. This is a management-level position with a compensation plan that includes a salary, benefits, and incentives driven by performance towards defined and tracked KPIs. If this sounds like the environment you will thrive in and a job you will excel in, we very much look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Design, improve, support, and monitor case matter workflows and case management to ensure clients and matters move through at the appropriate pace and that tasks are completed on time. This includes communication between various stakeholders and meeting management for firm cases and staff ongoing development. This is vital for continuing the level of family law expertise our clients and colleagues have grown to expect of our firm.
- Tracking, accounting, and managing Case expenses, cost tracking, retainers, and all financial matters related to case management processes, including but not limited to tracking billable hours. The firm prides itself on transparent and straightforward retainers and billing that keep clients abreast of their cases and the costs associated with their matter.
- Negotiate, oversee and supervise vendors and vendor contracts to ensure the firm runs effectively and can continue to deliver quality work while utilizing up-to-date resources, software, and services. This includes management and oversight of the facility, office supply inventory, and various technology components that keep workflows efficient, marketing data readily available, and firm legal staff focused on serving the clients.
- Support the Owner(s) with recruitment, hiring, staffing, and general human resources operations. This includes supervising the work of the non-lawyer support staff and administering payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime) and benefits. Assists with drafting, implementing, maintaining, improving, and monitoring execution of the Firm's employment policies and procedures. Ensuring that the Firm’s business systems & processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and available to the team and performing regular audits & spot-checks to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and operating as intended.
- Oversee the Firm’s records retention and information storage & retrieval (case management, contact management, personnel/payroll, document storage, workflow metrics, etc.) exceed ethical standards and are readily accessible for review or audit by the Owner(s). Record retention goes beyond ethics, accessibility, and compliance, but also requires an insightful and solution focus approach to address issues before and if they arise and make corrections and improvements to processes as needed.
- Supervising, coordinating, and developing firm engagement including but not limited to, community engagement, team building, and general contribution to the overall wellness of staff and the positive impact the firm plays within the legal community and the communities we provide services in.
- Supporting the Owner(s) in management of the firm's marketing strategy and brand development. This includes working with website developers to ensure information on the website is up to date, relevant, and accessible, as well as tracking data to make insightful marketing decisions within budget. This includes utilizing various software to track marketing metrics, understanding marketing funnels, maintaining social media sites and the firm website as well as contributing to the long-term brand and strategy development for the continued growth of the firm.
Exceptional Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably a staff of 5+ people and budgets of $1,500,000 or more.
- Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination.
- Managing bookkeepers, accountants, technology services, and other vendors.
- Managing cases and various simultaneous projects to ensure they are resolved successfully, on time, and on budget.
- Prior legal experience required, family law experience helpful.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level experience.
- Expertise with Office 365, case management software, and some marketing experience a plus.
About Fait and DiLima, LLP
Fait & DiLima, LLP is women owned and operated small business providing exceptional representation via mediation, collaborative law, negotiation, litigation, and appellate services with more than 50 years of collective legal experience. We excel in our practice because we combine extensive legal experience with a compassionate and realistic approach. We validate the unique circumstances and experiences of each of our clients with understanding of the deeply personal and sensitive nature of family law matters. We prioritize client advocacy and navigating the emotional aspects of cases equally as we do achieving favorable legal outcomes and firm profitability. We continue our commitment to a team environment that not only wants the best for our clients and their families but for ourselves and our families as well.