Sides Triple S Services, LLC
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Company President. This position is responsible for planning, managing, and overseeing all activities pertaining to construction, warranties, quality, safety, and administration for small to large-scale construction projects in accordance with company policies.
The Operations Manager develops construction strategies and internal process controls to ensure achievement of Company revenue and profitability objectives by directing other personnel to achieve an efficient allocation of resources, timely project completion, and quality product delivery that exceeds our customer expectations.
Temperature controlled office environment. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel should be expected, though rare, with travel expenses covered by Company.
Experience with extreme temperatures and weather while on job sites, should be expected.
Must maintain the physical condition necessary to perform tasks in an office setting; operating a computer, keyboard, and other office equipment; safely drive an automobile; and walk, stand, and climb distances in construction settings in order to inspect the progress of assigned projects. Must be able to physically navigate Hill Country terrain.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of construction operations as it relates to safety, quality, cost control, project schedule, contract administration, and employee relations.
- Prepare project estimates.
- Collaborate with the team to set strategic direction and standards for operational performance, sustainability, and growth.
- Continually search for new opportunities and manage processes for preparing proposals including assignment of process tasks and progress toward due dates to ensure adequate time for review and timely submission of proposals.
- Direct, plan, and manage utilization of project resources (equipment, budget, and personnel/subcontractors) to maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction. Identify areas to improve operations in order to achieve or exceed key performance indicators and targets.
- Maintain oversight and hands-on involvement with current projects, subcontractor relationships, company construction personnel, and project targets. Develop Internal Process Controls and ensure compliance with policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Lead construction operations organizational planning, development, and execution including monthly tracking and monitoring performance through routine reporting and operational meetings. Conduct weekly/monthly/final project reviews to ensure cost containment and process improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations. Maintain familiarity with government regulations, contract stipulations for each current contract, and company policies, and best practices.
- Work closely with the Controller to report all financial results and manage all financial needs of organizational operations (e.g. materials, equipment operations, overhead). Review quarterly results and analysis against budget and ensure visibility for performance management of cost controls.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, professional development, and performance management of Superintendents, Field Construction teams, Construction Foreman, Equipment Operators, Laborers, and other positions, as needed.
- Manage team schedules to maximize performance, minimize overtime, plan for vacation, and absences.
- Conduct Team Member performance appraisals.
- Travel to construction project sites, as needed.
- Ideal candidates will have at a minimum, a BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management and 10+ years of construction experience, 7 years or more at a management level. Experience in the specialty trade of Excavation is a requirement.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge in MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Proficient in construction accounting and project budget management.
- Managerial experience across multiple project sites.
- Estimating and budget experience.
- Continuous improvement and change management practices.
- SOP technical writing experience and internal controls design and development experience.
- Problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills with company executives, project teams, subcontractors, and clients.
- Thoroughness and attentiveness to details.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Proactive and deadline-oriented - Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization.
$100,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Sides Triple S Services, LLC
Sides Triple S Services specializes in the Construction, Repair and Maintenance of Lakes, Ponds and Dams, Dirt Roads, Paved Roads, Concrete Water Crossings, Construction Pads, Erosion Management, Land and Cedar Clearing, Utilities, Retaining and Retention Walls.
We also provide additional services, such as Custom Bridges and Structures, Demolition, Trucking, and Consulting.
We operate in the Texas Hill Country Area for private land owners, utility companies, and municipalities.