Meg Chicago with Keller Williams Chicago-Lincoln Park
Are you known for getting things done, whatever it takes? Are you hard-working and detail-oriented? Love creating, designing and implementing systems + processes? Enjoy an entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment? Are you someone that consistently goes above-and-beyond to deliver outstanding customer service? If so, let’s talk!
The Operations Manager is an Integrator whose primary focus is executing (and helping the Owner craft) the vision of the business, which frees the Owner up to focus on generating team business. The Integrator is deeply committed to implementing the shared vision of the company with strong attention to detail and a relentless obsession with consistent communication, values alignment, creativity, intentionality and community. The Integrator/Operations Manager should have a proven track record of building, implementing and managing multiple systems and exhibiting a drive to use systems as a strategic tool for creating an advantage for the organization. The ideal candidate will work well with minimal supervision, gradually taking on more responsibility and leadership, including assisting in hiring, training and leading/overseeing additional team members.
- $50,000 - $70,000 salary based on experience
- Health benefits or stipend
- Bonus potential
- Unlimited vacation
- Primarily virtual work location but must have the ability to travel to downtown Chicago 1-2x/month for in-person events and meetings
As Integrator for a fast-growing team, the Operations Manager will be held responsible for a wide variety of areas, including, but not limited to:
Systems + Database Management:
- Build, integrate and manage all major operating functions of the business (lead generation, database management, marketing, client care + communication, finances and human resources)—to ensure everyone is rowing together in the same direction toward the greater good of the business
- Create and maintain an Operations Manual (in writing and via video) that documents all systems and standards
- Supervise and execute (with extensive collaboration from outsourced consultants + designers) a comprehensive marketing plan including in-person and virtual events + seminars, quarterly newsletters, ongoing drip campaigns, team website/blog, monthly direct mail campaigns, weekly e-blasts and daily social media interaction
- Set up and maintain the customer relationship management (CRM) system to nurture and enhance relationships with past client database as well as new inbound leads
Client Care and Executive Administration:
- Support the Owner in all business—and possibly occasional personal—areas needing assistance
- Assist with all aspects of buyer and seller relationship from initial contact through moving day
- Prepare all listing materials: pre-listing presentation, listing agreement, sellers’ disclosures, comparative market analysis, online property profile, research multiple listing service (MLS) listings, etc.
- Consult + coordinate with sellers regarding all property photos, staging, repairs, cleaning, signage, lockboxes and access requirements
- Establish and execute referral + client gifting processes designed to “wow” clients at each step
- Oversee the Transaction Coordinator to ensure a smooth contract to close process
- Analyze ROI for operational expenses and make strategic decisions based on results
- Oversee all financial systems, including paying the bills, handling payroll, ensuring the collection of commissions and maintaining the budget, in collaboration with outside bookkeeper
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, training and ongoing leadership of all future administrative + sales hires
Develop and Maintain Team Culture:
- Collaborate with Owner/Visionary to develop, execute and hold the team accountable to weekly, quarterly, annual and long-term business goals and commitments.
- Resolve issues swiftly and effectively—see real problems, be comfortable with conflict, call out the problems and solve the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensure the team is healthy, functional and cohesive.
- Ensure that all sales agent activities are limited to lead generation, listing properties, showing properties and negotiating contracts.
- #1 requirement: “Get it done” attitude + creativity + strong problem-solving ability = willingness to do anything and everything needed to free up the Owner/Agents to sell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills combined with strong attention to detail
- Great ability to focus and prioritize daily workload
- Concerned about doing things the right way, but also getting the job done efficiently
- Learning and growth mindset
- Positive, service-based attitude
- Ability to navigate Google Drive, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Familiarity with Adobe products (Photoshop & InDesign) and Canva preferred
- 3-5 years of high-level marketing experience preferred (portfolio requested but not required)
- Background in social media strategy and implementation of social media ad campaigns preferred
- Ability to provide 3-5 references upon request
$50,000 - $70,000
About Meg Chicago with Keller Williams Chicago-Lincoln Park
We are a small (but mighty) woman-owned real estate team based in downtown Chicago. We focus on helping women and growing families make intentional decisions about their homes. We aim to curate every detail of the buying and selling process to make it as stress-free and streamlined as possible and strive to be the friend that has our clients back every step of the way and. As a team, we value intentional decision-making, continuously growing and learning, putting relationships first, celebrating everyday victories, and supporting our community of women-owned businesses.