Director of Operations / Team Manager position available for a growing and dynamic residential real estate sales team at Compass. We’re looking for a world-class professional who has a strong operational and analytical mindset and loves to crush their to-do list.
In this role you will:
- Manage and grow our business through the oversight of day-to-day operations, implementing systems and processes that will increase our efficiency, productivity, and bottom line.
- Evaluate key areas of responsibility and implement operational improvements, working with team to locate and execute best practices in structuring an efficient work flow.
- Manage our business’s finances and look for ways to run more profitably while still providing an exceptional client experience and outcome.
Compass is a top-tier, full service real estate brokerage and innovative technology firm, and our team is based in New York City. We’re looking for a candidate who can manage multiple long-term projects, provide accountability to others, and function as the COO for our team. This position reports directly to the team leader. Providing direct supervision of others is something you should look forward to in this role.
Pipeline Management and Tracking:
- Acting as “air traffic control” for team leader, and supporting sales agents as they guide clients through the process of buying, selling, or renting property.
- Facilitating the onboarding of new clients, and providing overall management of the transaction process for multiple simultaneous transactions.
- Overseeing the build-out, customization, implementation, and daily management of our CRM (Zoho CRM) and all lead-generation systems; then updating and maintaining CRM/deal tracker daily, reporting to team leader about follow-ups and next steps needed for each transaction, client, and new lead.
Listing Operations and Transaction Management:
- Tracking team leader and team members’ adherence to set targets for lead generation, appointments, listings, and GCI on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to keep team on track towards strategic goals.
- Managing team budgets, bookkeeping, and reporting: Tracking P&L, calculating ROI, shaping strategic revenue goals, reducing unnecessary or ineffective expenses.
- Making sure that all documentation and research is complete in advance of launching our listings.
- Managing transaction documentation, in conjunction with team agents, including board packages/purchase applications for buyers/tenants, leases and riders, etc.
- Real estate experience required. Salesperson license a plus but not a prerequisite.
- Minimum 2 years manager or operations experience required, ideally in real estate operations, transaction coordination, titles, or mortgages.
- Familiarity with ZOHO, Asana, Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Evernote, Hootsuite, Instagram, Excel, and/or Mailchimp all a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity, responsiveness, maturity, and flexibility highly valued.
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
$80,000 - $95,000 per year depending on experience; Potential for more based on bonus for individual and team performance
Compass is a top-tier full services real estate brokerage in New York City and over 20 major markets across the U.S.