Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
Responsible for the overall management, supervision, and strategic direction of HDB's Operations Department. The position will be responsible for working with the President and Board, Management Team, and other Producers and stakeholders to execute, demonstrate, implement, and accomplish the company's strategic plan, mission, goals, and metrics. Directs planning and workflow within department assignments to current and prospective clients.
- Supervise the daily activities of operational employees. Monitor and evaluate the productivity of staff.
- Help develop workflow, procedures, and policies and monitor implementation within the office. Perform audits and address any problem areas with staff. Evaluate, update and report on office issues, such as workflow, personnel, etc.
- Conduct meetings, as needed, to inform, obtain input, and train staff on procedures, current developments, etc.
- Direct and lead company customer service strategy and operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Implement competitive benchmarking standards.
- Provide direction in evaluating and selecting the proper commercial companies for the Agency. Maintain relationships with appropriate company representatives through valuable contacts and effective communication. Stay informed about market availability, competitive markets and continuously expand knowledge of markets, sharing your expertise with the department and Agency staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field (preferred); or combined related experience in a P&C insurance company
- Property and Casualty license
- CPCU or CIC designation
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in management, preferably in an executive position
- 5-10 years of insurance experience, required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Commercial Lines Account Management, required
- 3-5 years managing an insurance service team, preferred
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures, required
- Knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists. Complete understanding of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines, as detailed in company-specific policies.
$125,000 - $150,000
About Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
For more than 40 years, Harmon Dennis Bradshaw has brought our clients a commitment to excellence, innovation, and service in the complex world of commercial & personal insurance products, surety bonds, and risk management. Our clients have come to rely upon our knowledge, commitment, accountability, and service. From national and regional companies to local family-held businesses, HDB has been providing specially tailored, cost-effective insurance solutions for our clients’ unique business needs for decades. We pride ourselves in designing and implementing custom solutions to meet your company’s precise dynamics and preferences. Our forward-thinking solutions reduce risk exposures and cost while enhancing your ability to compete and win. Recognized as one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Alabama, HDB has large agency capabilities while maintaining small agency service and values.