Work for a company that cares about YOU. At BrightStar Care Columbus, our employees make a difference in the lives of people every day, and we remain committed to making a difference in the lives of our employees. Be part of a team that appreciates the work you do and supports the career you want. Hospice care is a special kind of care that focuses on the quality of life for people and their caregivers who are experiencing an advanced, life-limiting illnesses. Hospice care provides compassionate care for people in the last phases of incurable disease so that they may live as fully and comfortably as possible.
The LPN is a member of the medical staffing team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs in a facility setting. We’re seeking compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse for full-time or part-time opportunities. We offer excellent full-time benefits, flexibility, and advanced technology that supports employees in delivering their best performance. We value our employees and we are offer benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive pay and weekly paychecks
- Paid time off
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Flexible scheduling and work/life balance
- Referral incentives and earning opportunities
- Maintaining the confidentiality of resident information in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and sensitive organizational information.
- To encourage these responsibilities, all team members will also adhere to the social media policy.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate with others.
- Willingness to learn and adhere to food safety and sanitation principles, proper operation of institutional equipment, and food preparation procedures.
- Responsible to work cooperatively with other team members, promoting teamwork.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Employees/applicants may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
The employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without the use of prosthetic devices and/or reasonable accommodation:
- Frequent fingering, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions required.
- Occasional reaching, kneeling, standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Requires the ability to see things clearly at 20 inches or less, as is common in visual inspection.
- This work environment can be noisy, abnormally hot, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented.
- Team members will honor and respect the privacy of residents, staff, and the organization. Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties or requirements of the job.
- Proven experience as LPN or similar role
- Ability to undertake a variety of diverse care tasks and work in a multidisciplinary team
- Familiarity with hospital health, safety, and sanitation standards and procedures
- Understanding of confidentiality obligations and nursing best practices
- Excellent knowledge of medical and hospital terminology
- Good knowledge of MS Office and data entry
- Perfect physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Successful completion of the LPN license program is a must
- Graduated from National League of Nursing accredited practice school of nursing Unencumbered license as a Practical Nurse in the state that care is provided certified CPR and demonstrate strong clinical skills Negative TB test or chest x-ray
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
The omission of specific statements of duties, responsibilities, or expectations does not exclude them from the position.
$23 - $24 hourly
About BrightStar Care
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people's lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients' lives by providing the highest quality of care when they need our help the most. That's where you can shine.