The Edwards Law Group
Our Law Firm is hiring an office manager to join our growing team! The focus of this job is making connections with people and motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poised and engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job.
The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals are essential.
The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast-paced and results-oriented. While there is an urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organizational practices will often require training and developing others, and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather than “telling” communication style.
A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has a variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react, and motivate others to adapt to the changing organizational environment is a critical key to success.
If this describes you, start your application today!
- Perform additional human resources and office administration duties as needed
- Make sure office policies are adhered to and reflect our company’s high standards
- Keep office systems running smoothly including ordering office supplies, organizing filing systems, maintaining office equipment, optimizing the organizational budget, and scheduling meetings
- Communicate with third-party vendors, contractors, service providers and customers as a representative of our organization
- Oversee our day-to-day operations, manage administrative assistants, and perform secretarial duties
- Assists with implementing, enforcing, improving, and maintaining the Firm's personnel employment policies, providing feedback and assistance to the Firm’s support staff.
- Arranges for back-up and provides back-up (if needed) when support staff is absent.
- Participates in drafting evaluations of support staff and makes substantive, recommendations to the Administrator regarding work assignments, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
- Proactively provides feedback and data to the Administrator regarding staffing needs.
- Performs liaison function between the firm and the landlord, to ensure:
- Maintenance activities are performed;
- Facility problems are solved
- Cleaning services are satisfactory
- Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties,
- Purchases routine office supplies within the budgeted amount
- Researches and receives approval for the purchase of office equipment and furniture; coordinates delivery and installation
- Manages the telephone system, including periodically evaluating the telephone system to ensure that the Firm has a cost-effective and up-to-date system
- Manages the resource library, including all reference materials and subscriptions
- Ensures offices, desks, accounts, etc. are set up for new employees
- Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage and retrieval
- Administer computer backup systems
- Assists with administering payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime)
- Assists with verifying bookkeeper’s account reconciliations by reviewing and investigating outstanding/uncashed checks older than 60 days.
With direction from the Administrator, implement and maintains the Firm’s policies, systems procedures:
- Ensures the Firm’s activities are fully documented in writing.
- Trains staff in their respective duties using the Firm’s written policies and procedures.
- Monitors and enforces the Firm’s rules to ensure that all work is completed in accord with the Firm’s approved rules, policies, and procedures.
- Displays strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- 2+ years of management experience strongly preferred
- Must have graduated high school, received a G.E.D. or equivalent
- General computer skills with Microsoft Office or similar systems
- Legal Experience - Family Law is a plus!
$50,000 - $60,000
About The Edwards Law Group
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer:
- Medial, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with matching contributions
- Forward thinking career advancement planning
- Paid PTO
- CLE reimbursement
- Company sponsored life insurance