The Law Office of Terri Herron
We are looking for an Office Manager to work directly with our Owner to oversee the management of our law firm. This includes not only strategic planning, project management, and critical administrative and financial oversight, but also a key leadership role in shaping and sustaining our firm culture.
We need an Office Manager who is a PRO at workflow and project management, who understands employee engagement, who is metrics-driven, and who will be invested in making important contributions to the success of the Firm.
- Assists with implementing, enforcing, improving, and maintaining the Firm's personnel employment policies and providing feedback and assistance to the Firm’s support staff
- Arranges for back-up and provides back-up (if needed) when support employees are absent
- Participates in drafting evaluations of support staff and makes substantive recommendations to the Owner regarding work assignments, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
- Proactively provides feedback and data to the Owner regarding hiring needs
- Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage and retrieval
- Administers computer backup systems
- Assists with administering payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime)
- Assists with verifying bookkeeper’s account reconciliations by reviewing and investigating outstanding/uncashed checks older than 60 days
- Leads, supervises and manages, all non-attorney employees
- Hiring manager in charge of recruiting, hiring, initial orientation, and onboarding. Oversees the administrative aspects of attorney hiring and works with the Owner to interview, onboard and train attorneys
- Ensures every position has a job description that clearly indicates duties, outputs, outcomes, and key performance indicators. Ensure every person in the firm has a relevant job description
- Maintains and updates the Firm’s Organizational Chart
- Ensures that the Firm’s business systems and processes are fully documented in writing and available to employees as needed
- Performs audits and spot-checks and takes proactive steps to find whether policies and procedures are being followed and ensures that processes and systems are operating as intended
- Review Firm SKUs and workflows for efficiency, profitability, and staff capacity (with management team)
- Oversees the Firm’s emergency preparedness and disaster recovery protocols
- Manages the firm’s office furniture inventory: approving recommendations for purchase and installation; assuring that office's furniture inventory is maintained and repaired as needed
- Ensures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties, including annual evaluations of the computer and telephone systems, including hardware, software, and vendor selection, to ensure optimum efficiency and cost savings.
- Ensures critical documents are updated with government agencies as needed (state corporate filings, state/county/city tax and licensure, etc.)
- Manages the Firm’s Master Calendar
Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties:
- Purchases routine office supplies within the budgeted amount
- Researches and receives approval for the purchase of office equipment and furniture; coordinates delivery and installation
- Manages the telephone system, including periodically evaluating the telephone system to ensure that the Firm has a cost-effective and up-to-date system
- Manages the resource library, including all reference materials and subscriptions
- Ensures offices, desks, accounts, etc. are set up for new employees
With direction from the Owner, implement and maintain the Firm’s policies, systems and procedures:
- Ensures the Firm’s activities are fully documented in writing
- Trains staff in their respective duties using the Firm’s written policies and procedures
- Monitors and enforces the Firm’s rules to ensure that all work is completed in accord with the Firm’s approved rules, policies and procedures
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Playing a role in the management of teams
- Systems management to ensure matters are handled appropriately
- Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination
- Managing vendors such as bookkeepers, technology services and hiring agencies
About The Law Office of Terri Herron
We're a Family Law Firm serving Atlanta and the surrounding areas.