The Florida Probate & Family Law Firm
Our law firm is hiring an office manager to join our growing team. We’re looking to invest in a candidate who is interested in team leadership, upward mobility, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment. You’ll be in charge of our administrative staff, oversee day-to-day operations, and ensure our business is running smoothly. If you’re a systems thinker with a passion for building the best team, start your application today!
- Lead office management including day-to-day operations, directing administrative assistants, and other secretarial duties
- Optimize office policies and procedures to meet internal needs while upholding our business standards
- Carry out other human resources tasks and office administration duties when necessary
- Assists with implementing, enforcing, improving, and maintaining the Firm's personnel employment policies and providing feedback and assistance to the Firm’s support personnel
- Arranges for backup and provides backup (if needed) when support employees are absent
- Participates in evaluations of support personnel (intake, sales, law clerks, and paralegals) and makes substantive recommendations to the Director of Operations regarding work assignments, promotions, discipline, terminations, etc.
- Proactively provides feedback and data to the Director of Operations regarding hiring needs
Performs liaison function between the Firm and the Landlord, to ensure:
- Maintenance activities are performed
- Facility problems are solved
- Parking facilities are made available to employees
- Cleaning services are satisfactory
- Payment of parking each month is made on time
- Emails regarding the building are sent to the staff
Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties:
- Purchases routine office supplies within the budgeted amount
- Researches and receives approval for the purchase of office equipment & furniture; coordinates delivery and installation
- Manages the telephone system, including periodically evaluating the telephone system to ensure that the Firm has a cost-effective and up-to-date system
- Manages the resource library, including all reference materials and subscriptions;
- Ensures offices, desks, accounts, etc. are set up for new employees.
- Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage & retrieval
With direction from the Director of Operations, implements and maintains the Firm’s policies, systems & procedures:
- Ensures the Firm’s activities are fully documented in writing
- Trains staff in their respective duties using the Firm’s written policies and procedures
- Monitors and enforces the Firm’s rules to ensure that all work is completed in accord with the Firm’s approved rules, policies & procedures
Performs weekly billing for all matters and ensures clients pay current and outstanding bills.
- Reports to Director of Operations with each week’s completed billing
- Red Rubber Bands all files that are not current with payment
- Monitors and tracks files to initiate and collect Evergreen (EG) payments on new and existing files
Manages the Intake and Dragon teams to ensure:
- Potential new clients (PNCs) are scheduled for same or next day with notes and contact information available
- All KPIs are met
- Notes are inputted correctly in the shared folders/calendars, client folders are created in the shared folder, client profiles are created in Clio
- Necessary emails are being sent to clients and the firm the same day
- Leads File Meetings with the attorneys, paralegals and Director of Operations to ensure cases are moving along the case life cycle within the case-life time frame and ensures the financials are up-to-date with no outstanding balances. If there is an outstanding balance, the red rubber band policy is to be implemented
- Schedules and meets with clients to discuss financials and billing
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office
- Displays strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Must have graduated high school, received a G.E.D. or equivalent
- 2 years of management experience or similar work experience required
- Law firm professional service firm experience preferred
$50,000 - $65,000 yearly
About The Florida Probate & Family Law Firm
The Florida Probate & Family Law Firm is a Miami-based litigation and transactional law firm, specializing in probate and family law. The team helps clients take care of what matters to them most, their family. We are a dedicated team, striving to understand our client's needs and goals. Our Core Values are compassion, honesty, commitment, communication, reliability, and positivity.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, gap insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401K with matching, 10-15 paid holidays off per year, 10+ PTO/Vacation days off, Parental leave, International Firm Retreat, Quarterly team building days, mid-year and end year bonus, Education Reimbursement, Bar and Section dues, conferences, CLEs, flexible work from home, and more.