This position will function as an Office Assistant for the corporate office located in Downtown Roanoke. The ideal candidate will possess professional communication and organizational skills and will represent the company in a professional manner as the Office Assistant. In addition, this candidate will demonstrate a warm, honest, and enthusiastic demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail/packages.
- Assists with expense reports.
- Assists with HR initiatives.
- Organizes visitor lunches.
- Orders office/kitchen supplies and keeps inventory of stock.
- Assists in the coordination of various employee events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for new hires and special guests.
- Performs other clerical Office Assistant duties such as filing, faxing, photocopying, and record minutes in meetings.
- High school diploma, or equivalent education and experience.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high level of integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.).
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.).
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.).
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identity new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. The employee must complete annual training in these areas.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary superstars that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.