Sheryll Law, PC
Sheryll Law, P.C., a premier Estate Planning, Elder Law & Trusts, and Estates Law Firm located in Riverhead, New York, helps clients protect their hard-earned assets and lets them leave a legacy behind. Our growing law firm is looking for an experienced Director of Operations who will work directly with the Owner to manage the firm's daily business operations and coordinate administrative projects.
- Works closely with the Owner to create and implement the firm’s business and marketing plans, budget, and strategic calendar
- Recruits hires, on-boards, supervises, creates job descriptions, and manages the performance of employees
- Performs Human Resource functions including personnel file maintenance, benefits administration, payroll management, PTO tracking, and personnel policy implementation
- Coordinates training for support staff and attorneys regarding policies, procedures, and systems use
- Coordinates, monitors, and improves key operating systems (internal policies, external policies, procedures, checklists, templates, examples, scripts, etc.) in direct and close consultation with the Owner
- Ensure the firm’s business systems and processes are fully documented and followed
- Documents and monitors flow of work from client intake to billing and collection; takes corrective action as needed to resolve workflow issues
- Manages financial system including time-tracking, billing, trust account management, collections, bookkeeping, expense management, and accounts payable
- Monitors budget variance and cashflow
- Manages the firm’s physical plant including office organization and cleanliness, emergency preparedness, furniture and equipment functionality, computer systems, and phone systems
- Coordinates with the Owner, third party vendors, and/or marketing staff to create and implement marketing and sales strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field; MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a professional services organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- On-the-job experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365 as well as bookkeeping, timekeeping, and billing systems
- Experience with billing, bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting, preferably in a law firm setting
- Experience with growing a professional services firm at an accelerated rate
$90,000 - $110,000 yearly
About Sheryll Law, PC
Our firm helps people protect their hard-earned legacy from probate, long-term care expenses, and unnecessary taxes by planning ahead. We believe everyone should make an estate plan to protect as much of their money as possible.
We are here to guide our clients through the complicated probate, tax, and long-term care laws, achieve positive results, and help them provide a legacy for their families. It is incredibly important to us that our clients come out of an extremely emotional process where their future may quite literally be on the line feeling that they had a legal team behind them who really cared, fought for them, and gave them a voice.